- Established in 1993
- Owner(s): Monfort Brothers
- Manager: Bud Black
- General Manager: Jeff Bridich
- President of Baseball Operations: Jeff Bridich
- Major League Affiliations: National League and West Division
- Colors: Purple, Black, Silver, White
- Nicknames: The Rox, The Blake Street Bombers
- Ballpark: Coors Field and Mile High Stadium
Attending Colorado Rockies Game
Baseball is a popular American sport which is very much similar to that of cricket but has a different set of rules altogether. To put it rightly, the game of Baseball has developed from playing with bat and ball. Because Baseball is a very popular game in America, there are a number of different teams involved in the game. In this article, we are going to discuss such a team known as the Colorado Rockies which is one of the famous and successful teams in the Baseball world. Check the other great Colorado sporting events.
About Colorado Rockies
The Colorado Rockies is a popular American Professional Baseball team based in Denver, Colorado which was formed in the year 1993. The team was formed as an expansion team for the 1993 season and is owned by Charles and Richard Monfort since its formation. The team has its home venue in Coors Field which is situated in the Lower Downtown area of Denver. They compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the National League (NL) West division. Since then the team has won quite a lot of games. In 2007 they won the National League Championship after securing a wild card position. Rockies are one of the two MLB franchises that never won a division title. In the season of 2007, Colorado Rockies showed an improvement in their performance than what it was in 2006. They made a franchise record after winning 90 games out of 163 games and also earned a playoff berth as the National League Wild Card team. They also won they're first ever National League Pennant in the 2007 season. At the beginning of the 2007 World Series, Rockies won a total of 21 games out of 22 games. The amazing streak of the performance came to an end when they were swept by the American League (AL) champion, Boston Red Sox. That season, the team managed to drew 2,376,250 fans.
Team Profile of the Colorado Rockies
- Nolan Arenado: Infielder
- Carlos Gonzalez: Outfielder
- Charlie Blackmon: Outfielder
- Ian Desmond: Infielder
- Trevor Story: Infielder
- Dj leMahieu: Infielder
- Jon Gray: Pitcher
- Kyle Freeland: Pitcher
- Chad Bettis: Pitcher
- Mark Reynolds: Infielder
- Tyler Anderson: Pitcher
- David Dahl: Outfielder
- Tom Murphy: Catcher
- Jeff Hoffman: Pitcher
- Gerardo Parra: Outfielder
- Greg Holland: Pitcher
- Mike Dunn: Pitcher
- Tyler Chatwood: Pitcher
- Tony Wolters: Catcher
- Stephen Cardullo: Outfielder
- Alexi Amarista: Infielder
- Adam Ottavino: Pitcher
- Dustin Garneau: Catcher
- Jordan Lyles: Pitcher
- Miguel Castro: Pitcher
- Jake McGee: Pitcher
- Jordan Patterson: Outfielder
- Antonio Senzatela: Pitcher
- Scott Oberg: Pitcher
- Chris Rusin: Pitcher
- Christian Adames: Infielder
- Raimel Tapia: Outfielder
- German Marquez: Pitcher
- Rayan Gonzalez: Pitcher
- Matt Carasiti: Pitcher
- Carlos Estevez: Pitcher
- Chad Qualls: Pitcher
- Pat Valaika: Infielder
- Ryan Hanigan: Catcher
- Yency Almonte: Pitcher
- Sam Moll: Pitcher
- Jairo Diaz: Pitcher
- Roy Oswalt: Pitcher
- Zach Jemiola: Pitcher
- Shane Carle: Pitcher
Biggest Win of 2017
Mark Reynolds ninth innings heroics gave Rockies their biggest win of 2017 and first big comeback win. For the first time, the team Colorado Rockies gained a victory when everything seemed lost.
Rivals of the Colorado Rockies
Since the formation of the team in 1993, the Rockies haven’t dominated any team in the division. Now the question arises which team is a rival to the Colorado Rockies?
The San Francisco Giants
The Giants is a perennial contender and are undoubtedly one of the biggest rivals to the Rockies for a number of reasons.
The Los Angeles Dodgers
The rivalry between these two teams has been there for quite some time now. After all both the teams have two of the biggest brawls that have ever happened in the history of Colorado.
The Chicago Cubs
This is a rivalry that has developed between the young players of the two teams because of the history they share.
The Colorado Rockies Facts
These are some of the facts about the Colorado Rockies team:
- On September 16, 2007, the first baseman Todd Helton hit his 300th career home run in a 13-0 home win against the Florida Marlins. Todd Helton became the first player in
- Colorado Rockies to hit 300 home runs.
- On April 29, 2007, Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki became an unassisted triple play.
- Towards the end of 2007 season, the Colorado Rockies had an amazing 11-game winning streak.
- In the first time in franchise history, the Colorado Rockies finished before the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The Colorado Rockies set a Major League Baseball record for fielding percentage in one season.
- In the history of MLB, Colorado Rockies became the first team to sweep the New York Yankees and New York Mets both at home and in one season.
- During the 2007 accomplishments, Baseball America named the team Colorado Rockies the “Organization of the Year.”
Other Information: Rockies Scout Team
Along with the Diamond Club Baseball, the Colorado Rockies sponsors the Rockies Team Program. The program serves the purpose of providing a deserving platform to the high school players to showcase their skills and talents in front of the professional scouts and college coaches. The program also prepares them for the collegiate or professional levels of baseball.
The Scout Teams are coached and managed by the members of the Colorado Rockies scouting staff. Under the direction and guidance of the Colorado Rockies organization, the program has become one of the developmental and exposure in the country.
After gaining knowledge about the Colorado Rockies, let’s wish them luck that they reach new heights in the world of baseball in 2017 season.